A.Vogel Herbal Remedies
The Official Blog for UK & Ireland
One of the best ways of helping to keep a healthy weight is paying attention to HOW you eat rather than just what you eat. Here are some eating tips:
- Always sit down to eat. Never eat on the hoof
- Chew each mouthful at least 20 times
- Don’t have a large meal in the evening. Instead, spread your food intake out over the day so that your body has a chance to use it up
- Keep properly hydrated – drink at least 1.5 litres of still, plain water over the course of the day to avoid reaching for sugary foods for energy when actually your body is fatigued through dehydration
- Drink at least 20 minutes away from food to avoid diluting your digestive enzymes, as this will mean you get less benefit from your food. Caffeinated drinks tend to add to dehydration, so keep them to a minimum.