Very quick and simple to make, this recipe really is a treat. Packed with protein-rich oats and almonds, these delicious flapjacks make the perfect ‘on the go’ snack! The nutty goodness and flavour of these flapjacks are boosted by using ground almond, almond extract, as well as flaked almonds – yummy.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. Put the oats, salt, ground Almonds and flour into a large mixing bowl.
3. Melt the margarine and maple syrup together in a small saucepan on the hob. Pour into the dry mixture and mix together until combined, then stir 2 tablespoon almond extract.
4. Spoon half of the mixture into your lined baking tray and firmly press, making sure to get right into the edges.
5. Spread the jam over the oat layer.
6. Place the other half of the oat mixture on top of the jam and level with a cold spoon or your hands and firmly press. Sprinkle over some flaked almonds for added flavour & texture.
7. Pop the tray into the middle of the pre-heated oven and leave to bake for 20 minutes. Turn the tray around and bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Once golden brown, remove the tray from the oven and place onto a cooling rack to fully cool down!
9. (To make the white topping - optional) Melt the white chocolate & when silky smooth, leave to cool.
10. (Optional) Spread an even layer of the topping onto the cold flapjack. I sprinkled on some coconut curls, dried natural cherries, flaked almonds & freeze dried strawberry pieces.
11. Cut the flapjack into squares and place in the fridge and allow the topping to set.
Keep stored in a sealed Container in the Fridge
I hope you give these delicious almond & strawberry jam flapjacks a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Oats are among the world’s healthiest grains. They are renowned for being an excellent source of slow release energy, stabilising blood sugar and helping to keep you feeling fuller for longer. Packed with goodness, they have been linked to numerous health benefits including helping to lower cholesterol, improve digestion and boost the immune function.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!