Crumble is my absolute favourite dessert to make in the colder months. So comforting, so easy to make and a great way to get an extra dose of nutrients after dinner! Serve with Greek Yoghurt or coconut ice-cream for an extra treat. Enjoy!
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. To make the crumble topping, add rolled oats, shredded coconut, half of the macadamias, cinnamon, maple syrup and coconut oil to a food processor. Process until combined, it should stick together.
3. Roughly chop the remaining macadamias and add to the crumble mix.
4. Place chopped apple in a medium-sized ovenproof dish and pour orange/apple juice over apples.
5. Spoon the crumble mixture over the apple and place the dish on a large baking tray. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the crumble topping is golden and apples are soft.
6. Serve with Greek Yoghurt or coconut ice-cream.
I hope you give this delicious and easy Apple, Macadamia and Coconut Crumble a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
As the old saying goes, an apple a day keeps the doctor away and with good reason! Packed with antioxidants and essential dietary fibre, eating apples can help to reduce your cholesterol, boost your immunity to bugs & viruses, and keep your digestive system healthy.
Jessica Sepel is a qualified nutritionist, health blogger and best selling health author from Australia. She is fascinated by the health and wellness world and loves to make simple and nutritious recipes.
Her 8-week online plan ‘The JSHealth Program’ can help change your mind and body, by teaching you how to find a balanced approach to life, food and weight.
You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram for daily food inspiration and health mantras.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!