Baked rather than fried, these delicious little falafels are simple & easy to make, as well as rich in protein and packed with nutrients, making them little bites of goodness which taste divine.
A simple guacamole recipe made with avocados, tomatoes and chilli flakes, this delicious dip can be made in minutes.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 1800C degrees and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. Place the onion in a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
3. Add in the washed & drained chickpeas, drained sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic clove, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Whizz up until combined. Don't over blend or you'll end up with a puree.
4. Fold in the flour.
5. With clean hands, form the mixture into desired falafel sizes and place them onto the lined baking tray.
6. Pop the tray into the oven and allow to bake for 20-25 minutes or until crispy and golden in colour. Turn them over half way through cooking, to cook evenly.
7. Remove from the oven and serve immediately, or enjoy cold. Keep stored in a sealed container in the fridge.
I served my falafels with slices of beetroot for colour, lemon & tahini drizzle, sprinkling of broccoli rapini sprouts, spinach leaves, chopped sun-dried tomato!
They are especially delicious paired with fresh, homemade guacamole.
I hope you give these delicious baked sun-dried tomato falafels a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
With their high protein content, pulses such as kidney beans, adzuki beans, chickpeas and lentils are a great addition to a meat-free diet, which is why they are a favourite ingredient for many vegetarian and vegan dishes.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!