The perfect energy boosting snack, these easy-to-make, naturally sweet flapjacks are packed with oats (which release energy slowly to keep you energised for longer), bananas (which are energy boosting) and almonds (which are loaded with energy-enriching nutrients), as well as seeds and extra protein. Yummy and powerful!
Why not create your own granola by breaking up one or two of the bars into a small bowl, and pour over some almond milk (or other milk of your choice)....delicious!
As an alternative to agave syrup you can also use maple syrup or honey.
Pure oats are naturally gluten free. However, they are often contaminated with wheat. If you are sensitive to gluten it is best to check that the oats you are buying are certified as ‘pure’ or ‘gluten free’.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 1700 degrees and get your baking tray washed and ready.
2. Clean your work area and weigh out all of your ingredients, placing them in separate bowls or plates, which makes it a lot easier to grab and add in to the mixture.
3. Mash up the bananas and place them into a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the flaked almonds, chia seeds, linseed, cocoa powder & pea protein then mash until smooth(ish) & fully combined!
5. Next pour your oats and dash of soya milk into the mixture and mix together until coated (You can either use a wooden spoon, or fold in the mixture with clean hands).
6. Scoop your mixture onto a large baking tray, making sure you get right in to the edges. Smooth with a spoon for a nice, flat surface.
7. Pop the tray into the oven for 30-35 minutes. Keep checking as the edges can easily burn if left un-checked.
8. When your bars have turned a scrumptious golden brown, its time to take it out of the oven! Cut around the edges with a sharp knife and cut in to small pieces while still in the tray.
9. Leave to cool, then drizzle with agave nectar before serving.
If you give these delicious banana, cocoa & almond flapjacks a try, please let us know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, share it! Take a picture of it and tag it #AvogelRecipes on Pinterest we'd love to see it.
Oats are among the world’s healthiest grains. They are renowned for being an excellent source of slow release energy, stabilising blood sugar and helping to keep you feeling fuller for longer. Packed with goodness, they have been linked to numerous health benefits including helping to lower cholesterol, improve digestion and boost the immune function.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!