These banana pancakes are so simple to make, taste yummy and contain no eggs, making them perfect for vegans! Instead of egg I use flaxseed to bind all the ingredients together. High in protein, fibre and omega 3, flaxseed is highly nutritious, making it a great addition to this healthy pancake mix! I love to eat them with my naturally sweet homemade chocolate sauce.
Easy to make, using only 3 simple ingredients, top your pancakes with this delicious Homemade Chocolate Sauce
1. First make your flax mix. (This acts as a replacement for eggs, and helps to bind the ingredients together). Stir the ground flaxseed & water in a small bowl and leave to sit/thicken for around 5 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon and salt and put to one side whilst you make the wet mixture.
3. Mash the bananas and add the almond milk, vanilla extract & maple syrup. Using a hand mixer, whisk together until smooth. Add the flax mix.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk together until fully combined.
5. Heat a frying pan and grease with light olive oil. Carefully spoon your mixture onto the centre of the hot pan approximately 1/2cm thick. Once the pancake starts to cook, using a spatula flip the pancake and continue to cook. It takes around 2-4 minutes on each side before it's ready to serve.
6. Repeat until you have used up all the batter. Serve with either maple syrup, fruit or some delightful homemade chocolate sauce.
I hope you give these delicious healthy banana pancakes a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Bananas are great for your digestive system! They help aid digestion, stimulate the growth of friendly bacteria and because they are high in fibre they help keep your bowels healthy.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!