A great gluten-free treat, these pancakes are not only healthy but the flavour of buckwheat, cinnamon and banana is hearty and warming. Serve with blueberries for an extra splash of colour and flavour.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. In a large bowl, sift in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
2. In a separate bowl briefly whisk together the eggs and almond milk.
3. Make a well in the centre of the flour and slowly add in the liquid, whisking constantly as you do so. Mix until well combined and the batter is smooth.
4. Fold in the mashed banana.
5. Heat a frying pan or skillet and grease the pan with the oil. Pour in a little of the pancake batter into the frying pan to thinly coat the base of the frying pan.
6. Fry the pancake for 2-3 minutes on each side.
7. Continue this process until all the pancake batter has been used.
8. Serve with blueberries.
A good source of manganese, buckwheat is great for improving the health of bones and connective tissues. The banana content is a good source of potassium, which is helps to strengthen and protect bones.
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!