I realise it appears to be luminous macaroni cheese, but it’s actually a creamy butternut squash pasta sauce. I really enjoyed this pasta dish, the butternut squash sauce had such a naturally creamy flavour that went perfectly with the pasta.
1. Fry the onion and garlic over a medium low heat for about five minutes, you just want to soften them, not add any colour.
2. Next add the butternut squash and stock, cover with a lid and increase the heat to medium high. Leave to simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the squash is fork tender.
3. While the squash is cooking, boil the pasta as per the instructions on the packet.
4. Once the squash, stock and onion mixture is cooked, transfer to a jug and blend with an immersion blender. Once blended, stir through the herbs and season with salt and black pepper.
5. When the pasta is cooked, drain and pour over the butternut squash sauce. Mix well before serving to ensure the pasta is evenly coated.
I hope you give this delicious butternut squash pasta a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Instagram so we can see :)
Butternut squash has many health benefits including boosting the body’s immunity to colds & flu. It has also been found to help reduce inflammatory conditions, such as muscle & joint pain, arthritis and enlarged prostate.
Bethany is a vegan food blogger from Kent. She is passionate about creating simple plant-based recipes, suitable for vegans. She updates her blog Bethany’s Vegan Kitchen every week with new tasty and easy-to-make recipes.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!