I love grilled vegetables! Grilling your veg is so easy and makes them even tastier. The chickpea puree can be used as a dip by adding less of the cooking water so you can also enjoy it with crackers, carrots and celery.
1. Soak the chickpeas and caraway in ½ litre of cold water overnight.
2. Cook the chickpeas in the soaking water, covered, for 90mins until soft. Drain, but retain the water.
3. Puree the chickpeas together with caraway, garlic, saffron, Herbamare® Bouillon and 150ml of the cooking water. Add more water to achieve correct consistency. Work in the oil, a drop at a time.
4. Sprinkle the courgette, aubergine and sweet pepper pieces liberally with Herbamare® Original seasoning salt and leave to rest for 30mins.
5. Rinse the vegetables in cold water and pat dry. Brush both sides with a little olive oil.
6. Cook the vegetables briefly under the grill on both sides until they start to colour.
7. Serve the vegetables with the puree and parsley. Sprinkle with pepper.
The aubergine, courgette and sweet pepper slices can also be cooked on greaseproof paper at 200°C for 25 minutes.
Rich in vitamin A, courgettes can help improve your eyesight, help keep your skin healthy and due to their vitamin C content can also help to fight off infections such as colds & flu by boosting your immune system.
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!