A great snack or breakfast cereal bar for all the family, these granola bars are super easy to make and are packed full of yummy goodness.
Pure oats are naturally gluten free. However, they are often contaminated due to being grown near other grains that do contain gluten. It is therefore best to check that the oats you are buying are 100% gluten free.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 325F/160C/gas mark 3.
2. Line an 8×8 square tin with baking/parchment paper.
3. In a food processor, blend the oats until fine, then place in a large bowl.
4. Add the dates and water to the processor and blend until you have a nice smooth consistency. Drop in the vanilla extract now.
5. Now add the liquid to the oats, followed by the rest of the ingredients. Mix well with a wooden spoon until all combined.
6. Transfer this to your prepared tin and smooth out until you have a flat, smooth surface. Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes. It will become nice and firm when you press it.
7. Once done, leave to sit for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before slicing.
Yummy & Chewy! If you've given this recipe a try, please let us know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, share it! Take a picture of it and tag it #AvogelRecipes on Pinterest we'd love to see it.
Wholegrain oats and dried cranberries are a great source of dietary fibre which helps regulate digestion and prevent constipation. Regular consumption of dietary fibre also helps to prevent cardiovascular disease.
Sammy Riley is an Aussie living and studying in London who loves nothing more in making vegan cuisine which is easy and delicious.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!