This recipe one of my family's favourite dishes! Packed with protein, nutrients and goodness, this delicious curried casserole is a dish the whole family will enjoy tucking into.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. In a large wok/pan over a medium heat, add the oil, crushed garlic and chopped onion. Stir fry for 1-4 minutes, until golden in colour.
2. Wash, peel and chop the potatoes and carrots, then place them into the wok. Cook on a low heat for 5-8 minutes.
3. Then add in the curry paste and pinch of chilli flakes. Mix thoroughly.
4. Pour in the vegetable stock and add in the red lentils. Cover the wok/pan with a lid and boil for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes of boiling, turn down the heat & allow to simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally to stop the lentils and potatoes from sticking to the pan.
5. Take off the lid and stir in the spinach & a pinch of pepper.
6. Add in the creamed coconut and stir until dissolved. The coconut helps to give the sauce a creamy texture and mildly coconut flavour. YUM
7. Serve hot with rice, salad or even a tasty naan bread.
I hope you give this delicious curried lentil and potato casserole a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Potatoes are one of the best natural sources of potassium, which helps to promote good circulation. Additionally, rich in vitamin B6, potatoes are also thought to stabilise mood and are linked with good brain function.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!