The perfect combination of rich chocolate and creamy peanut butter these cookies are the ideal comfort food when you’re in need of a more indulgent snack. You can easily whip them up on a rainy day and serve warm for extra gooeyness – they also go pretty well with a cup of tea!
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. Combine your butter and sugar in a bowl, stirring well until light and creamy. Once combined, add your flax egg and peanut butter to the mixture and stir well.
3. On a chopping board, roughly chop your chocolate bar and peanuts into chunks, then add to the butter and sugar mixture.
4. Now, add your flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda to the mixture and stir well to form a loose dough.
5. Spoon your mixture on to the baking sheet, making 12 equal cookies - make sure to leave plenty of room between each cookie as they'll spread as they bake!
6. Now place your cookies in the oven to bake for around 10 minutes, the cookies should still be soft when they come out of the oven and you'll need to let them cool for around 10 minutes before digging in!
Now grab a cuppa, and settle down with a cookie (or two) in front of a good movie!
I hope you give these double chocolate peanut butter cookies a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AvogelRecipes on Instagram so we can see it :)
Raw cocoa is also packed with nutritional benefits! Not only is it a powerhouse of antioxidants, it is also an excellent source of B vitamins, fibre, iron, copper, zinc, magnesium, calcium and is linked to many health benefits. It is said to improve your memory, boost immunity, support heart health and can boost serotonin in the brain to help you feel good.
Ciara is an avid food and fitness blogger who loves to share fitness tips, cruelty-free lifestyle advice and an abundance of delicious and easy-to-make plant-based recipes on her blog Ciara's Corner. Since going vegan a few years ago, food has become her biggest passion in life.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!