Sweet and spicy, this delicious and warming soup is super easy and quick to make. Packed with goodness, it makes a nutritious and filling lunch option or main meal.
1. Melt the butter in the pan and add the onion and garlic and soften.
2. Place the cumin seeds in a pan and dry fry then for 2 to 3 minutes until they release their aroma.
3. Add the cumin seeds to the soup.
4. Add the sweet potato and water with the stock cube and stir.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
6. Transfer to a blender and purée.
7. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt.
I hope you give this delicious spicy sweet potato soup a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Author of The Vital Nutrition Cookbook, good food has been a lifelong passion for Jane McClenaghan. As a Nutritional Therapist for over fifteen years, Jane has helped thousands of people make easy, manageable changes to their diets for the good of their health.
Passionate about the powerful effects that eating good quality, fresh, local food has on our mind, body and soul, Jane’s recipes are designed to be quick and easy so you can rustle up something nutritious at any time of the day.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!