Yippee – Healthy fish, chips and mushy peas!...What more can I say! Potatoes cooked in this way are full of nutrients and peas are a wonderful source of vitamin C, protein, fibre and folate.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Put the prepared potato wedges into a large bowl and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix up well so that all the potatoes are glistening in the oil.
3. If you have one, put a wire rack over a roasting tin and arrange the potato wedges on top.
4. Pop into the preheated oven and cook for 30 – 35 minutes.
5. Meanwhile season the fish fillets with the lemon thyme and black pepper.
6. In a large frying pan, heat the remaining oil over a medium heat and cook the cod, skin side down for 2-3 minutes until the skin is crisp.
7. Transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the fish is tender and flaking.
8. Cook the peas in boiling water for 8-10 minutes until very tender. Drain well and return to the pan then add the crème fraîche and mint and mash with a potato masher or puree with a stick blender until you get your desired consistency.
9. Season the wedges and fish with black pepper and a squeeze of lemon and serve on top of the mushy peas.
Tasty & Healthy! If you've given this recipe a try, please let us know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, share it! Take a picture and tag it #AvogelRecipes on Pinterest we'd love to see it.
Cod is a good source of heart healthy Omega-3 fatty acids which can help lower the risk of high blood pressure and heart disease. The anti-inflammatory properties from Omega-3 fats can also help to ease inflammation disorders such as muscle & joint pain.
Sally Bee's story of survival and recovery from three heart attacks in a week at the age of 36 is nothing short of a miracle. Sally attributes much of her remarkable survival to her delicious and achievable healthy eating plan, which she and her whole family enjoy.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!