Twix bars are a biscuit base with a caramel centre topped off with chocolate. The original Twix bars aren't vegan, so I wanted to make my own, but of course, make them vegan & gluten-free so everyone can enjoy them! The biscuit is soft and crumbly, along with creamy caramel and dark chocolate. They are simple and easy to make and taste divine! They would be great for a party, special occasion or to gift to a chocolate lover!
1. Pre-heat your oven to 178oc and line a square baking tin with grease proof paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine 150g coconut flour, 140g coconut oil, 4 tablespoons of maple syrup, and a 1/4 tsp of salt. Mix and bring together with your hands until a dough forms.
3. Press the dough into the lined tin and pop into the oven to bake for 10 minutes, until golden in colour. Allow to cool fully before topping.
1. In a mixing bowl, add in the almond butter, 70g melted coconut oil, 85g maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
2. Pour over the base and pop into the fridge for an hour to set.
1. Fill a small saucepan with hot water and place a heat-proof bowl on top.
2. Add in the chocolate and 2 tbs coconut and melt until smooth.
3. Smooth the chocolate over the caramel layer, even out with a spatula or spoon and pop back into the fridge until the chocolate sets.
This will take around 30 minutes.
4. Once solid, heat a knife and cut into 'Twix' bars.
Serve cold, as they will soften if left at room temperature for too long.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge, best eaten within a few days.
I hope you give these delicious homemade twix bars a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Dark chocolate contains magnesium, which is an important nutrient for the nervous system, the immune system, and energy production. Its magnesium content can also help ease PMS period pain as it promotes healthy muscle function and relaxation.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!