Packed with protein and nutrients, this delicious Mediterranean-inspired dish is very easy to make. The roasted vegetables taste wonderful with the smokiness of the grilled halloumi and fragrant herbs for a light, yet filling meal which is full of flavour.
1. Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Chop the vegetables into bite-sized chunks and place onto a large roasting tray with the cherry tomatoes.
3. Keep the garlic in its skin, but crush with the flat side of a large knife.
4. Add the garlic and rosemary or thyme to the vegetables, drizzle with rapeseed oil and toss all the vegetables so they are evenly coated with oil.
5. Place in the pre-heated oven for about 45-50 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
6. Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle. Cut the halloumi into 6-8 slices and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside until the vegetables are ready.
7. Serve the vegetables with the grilled halloumi and freshly torn basil. Season to taste.
I hope you give this delicious herby roasted vegetables with grilled halloumi a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
With their high vitamin C content, eating courgettes, aubergines and peppers can help to fight off infections such as colds and flu by boosting your immune system. Halloumi cheese is a great source of protein (which makes it a popular choice for vegetarians), as well as calcium, which is great for bone health. However, it is also important to know that, like most cheeses, it is high in fat and sodium, but in moderation it can easily be incorporated into a healthy, varied diet.
Author of The Vital Nutrition Cookbook, good food has been a lifelong passion for Jane McClenaghan. As a Nutritional Therapist for over fifteen years, Jane has helped thousands of people make easy, manageable changes to their diets for the good of their health.
Passionate about the powerful effects that eating good quality, fresh, local food has on our mind, body and soul, Jane’s recipes are designed to be quick and easy so you can rustle up something nutritious at any time of the day.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!