Zesty and delicately sweet, these easy-to-make oaty flapjacks are perfect if you are looking for an afternoon pick me up or snack before the gym. Healthy and low in sugar, the oats in these flapjacks are great for slowly releasing energy and keeping you feeling fuller for longer. I love to eat them with my delicious homemade lemon curd.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
A simple egg-free recipe suitable for vegans, this lovely homemade lemon curd is tart, tangy & sweet - perfect to use as a filling, topping or spread.
1. Grease a flapjack tin with coconut oil and pre-heat your oven to 1800 degrees.
2. Peel and mash the bananas, then place them into a saucepan along with the maple syrup, cashew butter and coconut oil. Then gently heat until smooth.
3. In a large mixing bowl add the oats, desiccated coconut, lemon juice and zest. Pour the warm mixture over the dry oats and mix together with a wooden spoon until fully combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into your greased tin and carefully place in the oven and leave to bake for around 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Allow to cool before cutting into delicious squares! I serve mine with my delicious homemade lemon curd.
If you give these delicious lemon and coconut flapjacks a try, please let us know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, share it! Take a picture of it and tag it #AvogelRecipes on Pinterest we'd love to see it.
Oats are among the world’s healthiest grains. They are renowned for being an excellent source of slow release energy, stabilising blood sugar and helping to keep you feeling fuller for longer. Packed with goodness, they have been linked to numerous health benefits including helping to lower cholesterol, improve digestion and boost the immune function.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!