A yummy snack or great breakfast cereal bar if you are in a rush, these delicious and nutty no bake bars are super easy to make and packed with goodness.
Pure oats are naturally gluten free. However, they are often contaminated due to being grown near other grains that do contain gluten. It is therefore best to check that the oats you are buying are 100% gluten free.
1. Throw most of the oats into a large mixing bowl with the nuts and coconut.
2. Place remaining oats (like a small handful) into a food processor with the pitted dates. Add a splash of water and process until combined – it will be sticky and gooey!
3. Now add this to the oats and nuts. In a little frying pan, you are going to heat gently the peanut butter and the agave until they come together in a liquid.
4. Turn off the heat, add in the vanilla and then pour into the bowl with everything else. Mix well until everything is combined and then press into your prepared pan, making sure the surface is nice and flat.
5. Wet your hands and press down on the surface a little to wet it and then sprinkle over the linseeds and coconut so they stick down. Place in fridge for half an hour or more until cool and firm. Now they are ready to slice!
I hope you give this delicious recipe a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see
Rich in protein and energy boosting, eating nuts as part of a healthy diet is also good for your heart and helps to improve the condition and appearance of your skin.
Sammy Riley is an Aussie living and studying in London who loves nothing more in making vegan cuisine which is easy and delicious.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!