Simple and super easy to make, with no baking required, these little carrot cakes taste amazing, whilst being healthy, what's better?!! Packed with carrots and dates and nuts, they are naturally sweet and truly delicious!
The cashew nuts need to be soaked overnight in water. Just make sure the water is covering the nuts!
1. To make the base - line a muffin tin with muffin cases.
2. De-seed and pit the dates and place them into a food processor/blender along with the walnuts, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, grated carrot, melted coconut oil and salt. Whizz on high until a crumbly/moist texture forms.
3. Firmly press around an inch of the mixture into each muffin case, top with grated carrot (optional) and pop it into the freezer whilst you make the yummy frosting layer!
4. To make the frosting - drain the water from the soaked cashew nuts and place the nuts into a food processor along with the almond extract, ground nutmeg, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and pinch of salt. Mix on high for around 5-10 minutes, or until smooth. There will be some texture due to the nuts but carry on blending until its a thick & creamy paste.
5. Cover the base with the cashew mixture and fill up each muffin case. Tap the tray on the worktop to release any air bubbles. Pop the tray into the freezer to set. This will take around 3-5 hours or leave overnight.
6. Once the cakes are fully frozen, carefully peel off each muffin case and then allow to defrost for 10-30 minutes before consuming!
7. I decorated my cakes with grated carrot, crushed walnuts and a dash of ground nutmeg! Keep the cakes stored in a sealed container or you can keep them frozen to enjoy at a later date!
I hope you give these delicious no-bake carrot cakes a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Dates are packed full of important minerals and vitamins which makes them a healthy source of energy. Rich in fibre, they also improve digestive health and can help to repair damaged muscles.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!