Nuts and fruit go together like a dream, making these easy-to-make squares a delicious and nutritious treat, which are chewy, crunchy, sweet and packed with energy. Perfect for an on-the-go snack or afternoon pick me up.
The dates used to make this lovely homemade Chocolate Sauce creates its natural sweetness, whilst the cacao powder gives it a rich dark chocolate flavour. It's so easy to make and it only includes 3 ingredients! Great for drizzling over delicious pancakes or pouring over your favourite dessert.
1. Line a square baking tin with grease proof paper.
2. In a food processor/blender, add in the ground almonds, ground hazelnuts, desiccated coconut, almond butter, chocolate buttons, maple syrup and salt. Blend until combined.
3. Firmly press the mixture into the lined tray and sprinkle the flaked almonds and dried cranberries on top. Pop into the freezer.
4. In the mean time, melt the chocolate. At this stage you can make you own dark chocolate. Get my recipe here, or you can use a dark chocolate bar, the choice is yours. I used 99% vivani chocolate.
5. Create a ban-marie, and allow the chocolate to melt until smooth.
6. Pour the melted chocolate over the base and tap on the worktop to remove any air bubbles. Top with fresh cranberries & flaked almonds and place the tray into the freezer and allow to set. This will take around an hour!
I hope you give this delicious no-bake fruit and nut chocolate squares a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Nuts are packed with protein, fibre and healthy fats, making them a healthy and energy-boosting snack. Almonds are calcium-rich and are high in Vitamin E, which helps to maintain healthy skin. Hazelnuts are also rich in vitamin E, as well as folate, manganese and magnesium, which helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!