Easy to make, packed with energy & goodness, these yummy little muffins can be enjoyed for breakfast at home or on the go. I like to top them with homemade cherry compote for extra flavour, colour and protein, due to the chia seeds. They are also dairy-free and gluten-free.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 1850C degrees and line muffin tins with muffin cases.
2. In a large mixing bowl add in the oats & flaked almonds and combine.
3. In a separate mixing bowl combine the mashed banana, maple syrup, water, coconut oil and almond extract.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and combine fully.
5. Scoop out equal amounts of mixture into the pre-lined paper cases.
6. Pop the cakes into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Check after 20 minutes by inserting a squewer or knife into the centre of the muffins. If it comes out clean, then they are done. If it doesn't, then pop them back into the oven for a further few minutes.
7. Once fully baked, remove the tray from the oven and place the muffins onto a cooling rack and allow to cool.
8. In the meantime, make the cherry compote: Add the cherries into a small saucepan along with the maple syrup. Cook on medium heat until the cherries begin to soften then mash with a fork or potato masher and add in the chia seeds.
9. Once cooked, leave it to cool, then pop it into the fridge for 30 minutes. Plate up your muffins and drizzle over some cherry compote along with some added flaked almonds & chia seeds (optional). Store in a sealed container.
I hope you give these delicious oat & almond breakfast muffins a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Oats are among the world’s healthiest grains. They are renowned for being an excellent source of slow release energy, stabilising blood sugar and helping to keep you feeling fuller for longer. Packed with goodness, they have been linked to numerous health benefits including helping to lower cholesterol, improve digestion and boost the immune function.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!