These delicious veggie burgers are yeast-free, sugar-free, high in protein and suitable for vegetarians, vegan and coeliacs. Easy to make, they are packed with flavour, which is complimented by my homemade BBQ sauce, for a tasty and healthy combo.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 1800 degrees, gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan.
3. Peel and finely chop the onion and add into the pan. Use a wooden spoon to prevent the onion sticking.
4. Once the onions have softened & are golden in colour, add in the tomatoes for 2 minutes then turn off the heat and allow the veggies to cool slightly.
5. Using a food processor, mash/whizz up the beans and place into a large mixing bowl. Add in the cooked onion, tomato, oats, tomato puree, ground seeds, oregano and stock. Mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together.
6. With clean hands, form the mixture into burgers and lightly pat some buckwheat flour onto them, as this helps the cooking process.
7. Once you have a tray full of delicious burgers, place the tray into the middle of the oven. Cook for 10 minutes, then, take the tray out of the oven and flip the burgers over and place back into the oven for a further 10 minutes.
8. After 20 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and serve immediately along with the delicious homemade BBQ Sauce!
9. To make sauce: Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor for a few minutes until super smooth. Taste and add more spice if you feel it needs more seasoning.
I hope you give these delicious onion, bean burgers a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
With their high protein content, pulses such as black eye beans, kidney beans, adzuki beans, chickpeas and lentils are a great addition to a meat-free diet, which is why they are a favourite ingredient for many vegetarian and vegan dishes. Packed with fibre, they can also help promote good digestion, and are a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as iron, zinc and magnesium.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!