Warming and hot desserts are ideal for the colder months and the most superior dessert on the planet has to be the humble fruit crumble which is super simple and never fails to taste great! Two of my favourite fruits are peaches and apples and, if you haven't guessed already, I decided to throw them together in a, surprisingly healthy, crumble that combines the fresh and fruity flavours of peaches with the warming, comforting flavour of apple compote.
1. Start by preheating your oven to 180oC then roughly chop your apples and add to a a pot along with your apple juice and cinnamon then place on a medium heat until softened and reduced.
2. As the apples simmer, slice your peaches into chunks and add to an oven proof dish.
3. In a separate bowl, combine your flour with the coconut sugar then add the coconut cream and combine until your mixture resembles loose cookie dough.
4. Once the apples have simmered for around 10 minutes and have softened, add to the peaches in the oven proof dish along with the remaining apple juice from the pan.
5. Now, top your fruit with your crumble mixture and place in the oven to bake for around 20 minutes or until totally golden on top.
6. After baking, you're ready to serve and this crumble definitely tastes best when eaten hot from the oven. Like every crumble, this dish tastes amazing drizzled with some Alpro custard but, for a fresher option, it also tastes great topped with a little coconut cream!
I hope you give this delicious peach and apple crumble a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AvogelRecipes on Instagram so we can see it :)
As the old saying goes, an apple a day keeps the doctor away and with good reason! Packed with antioxidants and essential dietary fibre, eating apples can help to reduce your cholesterol, boost your immunity to bugs & viruses, and keep your digestive system healthy.
Ciara is an avid food and fitness blogger who loves to share fitness tips, cruelty-free lifestyle advice and an abundance of delicious and easy-to-make plant-based recipes on her blog Ciara's Corner. Since going vegan a few years ago, food has become her biggest passion in life.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!