Super quick and easy, this recipe makes for a flavourful and very healthy lunch option which is packed with protein, fibre, healthy fats and lots of good-for-you nutrients. I like to enjoy my stuffed avocados with sweet potato wedges, fresh leafy salad and a sprinkling of dairy-free cheese!
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. Fully wash the quinoa in water. Repeat 2-3 times until the water is clear. This removes the bitter taste of the quinoa.
2. Place the washed quinoa in around 500ml of water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for around 20 minutes until the quinoa becomes clear in colour. Drain completely and set aside.
3. In a large wok/pan, heat up the oil and add in the chopped shallots & crushed garlic. Cook until golden in colour.
4. Add in the cooked quinoa, lime juice, tomatoes, basil leaves, black beans, oregano, chilli flakes, salt & pepper. Cook for 5-8 minutes until all the ingredients are combined and heated thoroughly. Stir with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking!
5. Wash the avocados and cut them in half making sure to remove the stone.
6. Squeeze some lime juice on to the avocados then fill them with the delicious quinoa mixture! Top off with a dash of salt & pepper, basil leaves and a slice of fresh, juicy lime then serve with your favourite sides!
I hope you give these delicious quinoa stuffed avocados a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Rich in protein, which is essential for tissue growth and repair, Quinoa is a great, naturally gluten-free alternative to rice. This healthy seed is also a good source of magnesium, a mineral important for nerve and muscle function.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!