While you may not think of roasting tomatoes to go into a soup, it creates an earthy and hearty flavour, bringing a delicious Mediterranean twist to this old favourite.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200ᵒC.
2. Spread the tomatoes, garlic cloves and shallots on a baking tray and drizzle over the oil and vinegar.
3. Roast for 15 minutes until tender and caramelised.
4. Blend the tomato mix and place it with the Herbamare® Bouillon vegetable stock in a large pot.
5. Season with black pepper and Herbamare® Original seasoning salt, and drop in a few basil leaves.
6. Bring to the boil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Serve, garnishing with fresh basil leaves and black pepper.
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!