The perfect on-the-go breakfast or healthy snack to see you through until dinner, savoury muffins are always a great choice. Make a big batch, load them with all of your favourite veggies and you're good to go! The Herbamare sea salt really brings these to life, adding a delicious fuss free taste and aroma.
Egg whites are used to help lighten the texture of these muffins. I used 100g of Two Chicks liquid egg whites, but you can also make your own. To make 100g of egg whites, carefully separate the whites of either 3 medium eggs or 4 large eggs. Don’t like waste? You can freeze any leftover egg to use later.
1. Heat a pan on a medium heat with the oil and Herbamare® sea salt. Sauté the chopped onion and crushed garlic for about 5 minutes.
2. Add in all of your chosen vegetables and mix all of this together for a further 5 minutes then take off the heat.
3. In a bowl mix together the 6 whole eggs and 100g of egg whites.
4. Mix your vegetable mix into the egg mix and pour into a greased muffin pan or muffin cases.
5. Bake in the oven at 3500F / gas mark 4 for 20-25 minutes until the top has a lovely golden colour. Leave to cool for 15 minutes before removing them from the muffin pan.
These muffins can be kept in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
I hope you give these delicious savoury muffins a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
An excellent source of protein, eggs are great for helping us feel fuller for longer and stay energised. They contain nearly every nutrient our bodies need and are especially good for promoting good bone and eye health.
Ayten is a passionate foodie who loves experimenting in the kitchen with simple ingredients, to show that healthy doesn't have to be bland. Follow her on Instagram @eatnourishlove for lots more food inspiration.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!