These adorable gingerbread men cookies are perfectly spiced and are very simple & easy to make. They have a delicious crumbly texture, which are topped with a lovely vanilla and cinnamon icing. Plus, they are dairy-free and wheat-free!
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180oC degrees and line a large baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. Add soya milk, a little at a time until the dough starts to form.
3. Flour your surface, and knead the dough into a ball. Continue to add the dairy-free milk until dough comes together.
4. With a rolling pin, roll out the dough until around 1cm thick, and then cut out your desired shapes. I went for cute gingerbread men!
5. Once you have all the cookies on the tray, lightly brush some dairy-free milk over each cookie then place into the middle of the oven. Bake for around 12-15 minutes. We want a light brown colour, so check them after 10 minutes so they don't burn!
6. When ready carefully remove the tray from the oven and place your cookies onto a cooling rack.
7. While the cookies cool, make your icing. In a mixing bowl, combine the icing sugar, cinamon, soya milk and vanilla extract until thick.
8. Pipe your icing onto the cooled cookies and enjoy! Store in a sealed container and eat within 3-4 days!
I hope you give these delicious spiced gingerbread men cookies a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
A great gluten-free alternative which is growing in popularity, coconut flour is free from wheat and other grains. It is also high in fibre, protein and healthy fats, which contributes to its many health benefits including improving digestion and helping to maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!