The creaminess of the potatoes, light spicy kick and the crunch from the sweetcorn makes this hearty soup utterly delicious. Full of flavour and packed with goodness including protein, fibre and antioxidants, this light & creamy soup is so easy to make.
1. Pour 2 tbsp of oil into a large wok/pan and heat. Add in the shallots & garlic & heat for around 5 minutes, using a wooden spoon to make sure the veggies don't stick to the bottom & burn.
2. Add the chopped potatoes into the wok along with the sweetcorn, Herbamare® Spicy and Herbamare® Bouillon and bring to the boil.
3. Turn down the heat and allow to simmer with a lid on, until the potatoes soften, for around 20-25 minutes.
4. Once fully cooked and the potatoes are soft, mix in your pea protein (for added protein), then transfer into a food processor/blender and whizz up for around 15-20 seconds, until you get your preferred consistency.
5. Pour the soup back into your wok/pan and warm through until it's warm enough to serve.
If you give this spicy soup a try, please let us know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, share it! Take a picture of it and tag it #AvogelRecipes on Pinterest we'd love to see it.
Sweetcorn is one of the most popular vegetables and with good reason! Its sweet taste is complimented by plenty of nutrients, including vitamin C, protein, folate and dietary fibre. Sweetcorn is also rich in antioxidants, including beta-carotene and lutein, which are linked to a number of health benefits such as skin and eye health.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!