A great go-to dish, pasta is super quick and easy to make and tastes delicious served with homemade pasta sauce. This lentil based sauce is packed with nutrients and protein and tastes delicious.
1. In a large wok/pan, heat the oil.
2. Once the oil is hot, add in the onion & garlic, shallow fry until golden brown.
3. Place in the chopped pepper, tomatoes and lentils. Mix throughly.
4. Add in 400ml of water, along with the dried basil, rosemary, oregano, garlic granules, thyme, salt & pepper. Stir, then cover with a lid and allow to boil for 10 minutes.
Then turn down the heat and simmer for around 20-30minutes, stirring to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan. Add more water if needed. Take of heat when ready.
5. Approximately 10 minutes before your sauce is ready, cook your pasta.
6. Fill a large pan with water, add in a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of oil. Heat until boiling.
7. Add spaghetti and cook - the red lentil spaghetti I used only takes 8-10 minutes, so it's very quick & easy!
8. Drain once the spaghetti is soft & is fully cooked. Serve with the yummy lentil pasta sauce. I added a sprinkling of chia seeds for added protein and a few leaves of fresh basil for extra flavour!
Enjoy & happy cooking!
I hope you give this delicious tomato and lentil pasta a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
A great gluten-free alternative which is growing in popularity, coconut flour is free from wheat and other grains. It is also high in fibre, protein and healthy fats, which contributes to its many health benefits including improving digestion and helping to maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!