Bronchoforce is a herbal remedy containing extracts of liquorice and freshly harvested Ivy and Thyme. At A.Vogel, we insist that only freshly picked Ivy and Thyme are used to make Bronchoforce. This ensures that the remedy obtained contains the active ingredients* that help relieve a chesty cough.
*Tobler M, et al. Characteristics of whole fresh plant extracts. Schweizerische Zeitschrift fur GanzheitsMedizin, 1994.
Bronchoforce may be used by children (over 12 years of age), adults and the elderly. Take 20 drops 3 to 5 times daily.
This herbal remedy is for oral use only. Do not take more than the recommended dose.
1 ml of oral liquid contains:
- 376mg of tincture from fresh ivy herb (Hedera helix L.)
- 329mg of tincture from fresh aerial parts of thyme (Thymus vulgaris L.)
- 234 mg of tincture from liquorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra L.)
Bronchoforce also contains Star Anise oil and Eucalyptus oil.
Use Bronchoforce if you are suffering from a chesty cough, also known as a mucus cough or a hacking cough. This herbal remedy helps lift mucus from the respiratory tract making it easier to expel from the body. Bronchoforce is the right remedy for you if you are experiencing catarrh or mucus in the throat or deeper down in your chest, with the feeling that you need to cough it up. It is also the right remedy if you are experiencing coughing spasms as your body tries to expel mucus.
If you have a tickly cough, Bronchosan Tickly Cough Syrup may be more suitable for you to use. Bronchosan soothes a tickly throat or one which is irritated due to coughing.
It is unlikely that you would need both remedies at the same time, but occasionally you might want to soothe the irritation in your throat with Bronchosan whilst Bronchoforce gets to work bringing up the mucus from your chest.
- Do not use if you are hypersensitive to ivy, thyme or liquorice or to any of the other ingredients present in Bronchoforce
- Do not use if you are already using another product containing liquorice (eg. liquorice confectionery / sweets)
- If your symptoms worsen or persist for more than one week, a doctor or qualified practitioner should be consulted
- If you are short of breath, or experiencing fever, see a doctor
- If your sputum is foul smelling, see a doctor
- Liquorice confectionery or medicines should be used with caution in those suffering from high blood pressure, kidney, liver or heart disease and those suffering from a low potassium level in their blood
Bronchoforce may be taken by people suffering from asthma. However, please bear in mind the following:
- Coughs may be a sign of worsening asthma so if your cough does not improve with treatment, speak to your doctor
- People with asthma may be more prone to allergies. These could be caused by a variety of triggers including foods, medicines as well as herbs. If this is your experience, you may wish to start off by trying a small dose of Bronchoforce (say 5 drops) to see if you are allergic to the herbs present which are Ivy, Thyme and liquorice
Like all medicines, this product can cause side effects although not everybody gets them.
The following minor side effects can occur, although the likelihood of these occurring (frequency) is unknown:
- Digestive symptoms such as nausea and vomiting
- Skin reactions such as a rash or itching
There have been isolated reports of side effects occurring with use of products (including confectionery) containing liquorice such as low blood potassium levels, irregular heartbeat and high blood pressure. These however, have not been seen with use of Bronchoforce.
If any of the side effects become serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed above, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Looking for relieve from the urinary symptoms of an enlarged prostate? Then look no further than Prostasan Saw Palmetto capsules.
To find local independent stores in your area that sell Prostasan Saw Palmetto capsules, simply type your postcode below.
A.Vogel herbal remedies are available from many retail outlets throughout the UK as well as online. The search above gives you the independently owned stores stocking our products.
Our most popular products are also available from other high street outlets such as Boots and Holland & Barrett.