Ginkgoforce® may be used by adults (over 18 years of age) and the elderly.
- Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily after food. The dose can be increased to 2 tablets twice daily if necessary.
Not for use in children or those under 18.
Ginkgoforce® Ginkgo tablets contain the extract of Ginkgo biloba obtained from freshly harvested leaves. Our Ginkgo leaves are collected from cultivated trees, grown in 2 to 3 metre high hedges.
1 tablet contains 90 mg of extract (as dry extract) from Ginkgo biloba L. fresh leaf (3-5:1). Extraction solvent: ethanol 60% m/m.
The other ingredients used for the tablet are microcrystalline cellulose, soya polysaccharide and magnesium stearate (vegetable source). This product contains soya polysaccharide.
Like all Ginkgo products, Ginkgoforce® may cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Minor side effects
Side effects of Ginkgoforce® are rare and likely to affect less than 1 in 1,000 people
- Digestive symptoms such as feeling sick (nausea), digestive upsets such as sickness or diarrhoea.These are often short-lived and should get better on their own. However if they persist, talk to your doctor or pharmacist
- Skin reactions such as itching (pruritis), rash
- Other side effects such as allergic reactions, headache
Stop taking the Ginkgoforce® if any of these occur.
1. What is Ginkgoforce® for?
Ginkgoforce® Ginkgo is a traditional herbal medicinal product used to relieve the symptoms of Raynaud's Syndrome and Tinnitus.
2. How do I take Ginkgoforce® Ginkgo?
Take one tablet twice daily after food, increasing to two tablets twice daily if necessary.
3. Can children take it?
It is not recommended for children under the age of 18 as it is unlikely that children will need this Ginkgo product for poor circulation.
4. How long can Ginkgoforce® Ginkgo be taken for?
There is no limit to the use of Ginkgo. However, if symptoms worsen or persist for more than four weeks, then a doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner should be consulted. You can take Ginkgoforce® again if it has improved your symptoms.
5. Are there any contraindications?
Don't use it if you're hypersensitive to Ginkgo herb or any of the other ingredients in the tablets. The tablets contain soya polysaccharides, for example, so you shouldn't take them if you are allergic to soya or to peanuts (as people allergic to peanuts often react badly to soya).
6. I am going in for minor surgery soon. Can I continue to take Ginkgoforce® Ginkgo?
It is recommended that you stop taking Ginkgoforce® two weeks prior to surgery.
7. Can I take Ginkgoforce® whilst I'm pregnant?
You should not use Ginkgoforce® Ginkgo whilst pregnant or breast-feeding.