Atrosan® - Relief of muscle, joint & rheumatism pain
Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets – for backache, rheumatism and joint pain
Devil’s claw is the common name of the plant Harpagophytum procumbens. The herb is only found in the wild – but only in the Kalahari desert of Southern Africa and even now, it is a difficult plant to cultivate. The root of Devil’s claw is used in herbal remedies for the treatment of muscle and joint pains, backache and rheumatism.
Benefits and features of Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets:
- Relieves muscle and joint pain
- For rheumatic pain, backache or lumbago
- Made from extracts of cultivated Devil’s Claw rather than endangered wild harvested herb
- Cultivated without the use of artificial fertilisers, insecticides and fungicides
- Can be used with other medicines
Atrosan® Devil’s Claw
Is a licensed herbal rheumatism product. It is made from extracts of Devil’s Claw herb cultivated in the Kalahari without the use of artificial fertilisers, insecticides or fungicides. It can be used for joint pain and to reduce symptoms of back pain or other rheumatism pains in the shoulders and elbows, or for knee and other joint pains.
What does Atrosan® Devil's Claw contain
Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets contain the extract of Harpagophytum procumbens root, also known as Devil’s Claw.
- One film-coated tablet contains 480 mg of extract (as dry extract) from Devil’s Claw root (Harpagophytum procumbens D.C. and/or H. zeyheri L. Decne.) (1.5-3.0:1). Extraction solvent: Ethanol 60% V/V.
- Other ingredients found in Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets are lactose, maize starch, microcrystalline cellulose, precipitated silica, colloidal silica and magnesium stearate (vegetable source). The tablet coating contains talc, titanium dioxide, macrogol and hypromellose.
We do not use genetically modified ingredients.
Dosage of Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets
Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets may be used as a rheumatism product for the relief of joint & muscular pain in adults (over 18 years of age) and the elderly.
- Use one tablet twice daily immediately after food. The dose can be increased to two tablets twice daily if relief is not obtained after 3 to 5 days.
Who can't use Atrosan® Devil's Claw tablets
- Do not use if you have a hypersensitivity to Devil’s Claw or any of the other ingredients
- Do not use if you have a gastric or duodenal ulcer
- If you have heart problems, consult your doctor before using Devil’s Claw products such as Atrosan
- Consult your doctor if joint pain is accompanied by swelling, redness or a fever
Devil’s Claw side effects
Like all Devil’s Claw products, Atrosan® may cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Side effects of Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets are likely to be minor and take the form of digestive symptoms (feeling sick, stomach discomfort and digestive upsets such as sickness or diarrhoea, skin rash, itching, headache and dizziness).
FAQ – Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets
1. Can I use Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets if I am on other painkilling medication?
Yes, Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets may be used with other pain relieving medicines.
2. Will Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets upset my stomach?
The use of Atrosan® is not commonly associated with stomach upsets or other digestive symptoms. However, some people may experience digestive symptoms as a side effect. If you suffer from a stomach or duodenal ulcer, do not use Devil’s Claw products such as Atrosan®.
3. How long will it take before I experience a benefit for my joints if I am using Atrosan® Devil’s Claw?
Everyone is different and the effect of medicines cannot be guaranteed. You should be able to feel for yourself if the product is helping you. If you do not feel the benefits of using this product after 8 weeks, or if your condition worsens, you should consult your doctor.
4. I don't have arthritis but suffer from joint and muscular pains. Can I use Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets?
Yes, you can take Atrosan® for joint or muscular pains. Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets is a traditional herbal remedy licensed as a rheumatism product for joint pain relief, including the relief of joint pain, muscular pain, knee, hip, elbow or shoulder pain and for treating lower back pain.