Delicious, dairy-free and fuss-free, this vegan fudge is made using just two ingredients: condensed coconut milk and chocolate! Super simple and ideal for prepping the night before, you can whip this up to share with your friends and family if you’re in a hurry or want to impress.
1. Firstly start by lining a 8.5×6.5 inches/22x16cm dish (it doesn’t have to be those exact measurements, just around about there). I used foil and if you use foil too make sure to smooth it out, especially in the corners.
2. Break the chocolate down into small pieces and add into a microwave safe bowl. Pour the condensed coconut milk over the top of the chocolate.
3. Pop the bowl into a microwave and heat on half power for 30 seconds at a time, removing and giving the mixture a very thorough mix in between. If you can’t alter the power on your microwave, just do 10 second bursts then mix thoroughly in between.
4. Once the mixture is fully melted it will become quite thick. At this point you can pour it into the lined dish.
5.Leave it to cool to room temperature for an hour, then pop it into the fridge for a good three hours (or overnight if you can). As you can see in this image I didn’t line the whole dish in foil. I would recommend lining the whole dish, as the fudge stuck to the parts without foil. I encouraged it out with a sharp knife, but it would have been easier to just line the whole of the dish.
6. Once the fudge is set, you can take it out of the dish, then peel away the foil. Chop into whatever sized pieces you and enjoy. Store the fudge in an airtight container in the fridge.
7. This fudge barely lasted a couple of days before it was gone, so I’d say it was a hit. I should imagine it would keep for a couple of weeks though, if you store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
I hope you give this 2 ingredient vegan fudge a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AvogelRecipes on Instagram so we can see it :)
Raw cocoa is also packed with nutritional benefits! Not only is it a powerhouse of antioxidants, it is also an excellent source of B vitamins, fibre, iron, copper, zinc, magnesium, calcium and is linked to many health benefits. It is said to improve your memory, boost immunity, support heart health and can boost serotonin in the brain to help you feel good.
Bethany is a vegan food blogger from Kent. She is passionate about creating simple plant-based recipes, suitable for vegans. She updates her blog Bethany’s Vegan Kitchen every week with new tasty and easy-to-make recipes.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!