Nut butters are a great way of getting more protein into your diet but, unfortunately, they’re often full of nasty additives and unwanted sweeteners. That’s why today we’re looking at how you can make your own nut butter at home using only 3 ingredients!
1. Start by pre-heating your oven to 180OC and placing your hazelnuts on a tray to lightly roast for 10 minutes.
2. Once roasted, transfer your hazelnuts to a food processor and begin processing into a nut butter.
3. Making a nut butter should take around 10 minutes, you'll need to stop the food processor every 30 seconds or so to scrape down the sides, but keep going because it will liquify into a smooth nut butter eventually!
4. Once you've got a smooth nut butter, add your cacao powder and combine.
5.Once combined, add your maple syrup and, once again, blend together. Adding the maple syrup will make the texture of the nut butter a little thicker and drier so you'll need to process again for a couple of minutes until a smooth liquid forms again.
6. When you're left with a smooth nut butter, transfer to a jar or airtight container and store in the fridge.
This nut butter is seriously delicious and seriously versatile, it tastes great as a dip for strawberries, lathered on toast, on top of pancakes or, my personal favourite, by the spoonful straight from the jar, y-u-m..
I hope you give this 3 ingredient vegan nutella a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AvogelRecipes on Instagram so we can see it :)
Raw cocoa is also packed with nutritional benefits! Not only is it a powerhouse of antioxidants, it is also an excellent source of B vitamins, fibre, iron, copper, zinc, magnesium, calcium and is linked to many health benefits. It is said to improve your memory, boost immunity, support heart health and can boost serotonin in the brain to help you feel good.
Ciara is an avid food and fitness blogger who loves to share fitness tips, cruelty-free lifestyle advice and an abundance of delicious and easy-to-make plant-based recipes on her blog Ciara's Corner. Since going vegan a few years ago, food has become her biggest passion in life.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!