Being in my final semester of university, I've got deadlines and exams left, right and centre so, naturally, snacks have become my new best friend because, when you're 10,000 words deep into dissertation writing, you just need good snacks. If you're short on time, these flapjacks are the perfect easy snack to meal-prep to make sure that you've got plenty of tasty snacks on hand for a week of work or study.
1. Start by preheating your oven to 180 degrees celsius and lining a brownie tin with baking paper. Peel and roughly chop two of your apples then, add the chunks to a pan along with a splash of boiling water and simmer for around 10 minutes, until soft.
2. As the apples soften, combine your oats and cinnamon in a large bowl. Once softened, add the apples to a food processor or blender and combine until you're left with a smooth puree.
3. Transfer the apple puree to a bowl and add your nut butter, maple syrup and date syrup, stirring well to combine. Now add your wet ingredients to the oats and stir well until all the oats are well coated.
4. Peel and finely chop your final apple and add to the mixture, stirring to evenly distribute.
5. Now, transfer the mixture to your tin, press down firmly, sprinkle with coconut sugar and place in the oven to bake for around 15 minutes.
6. Once baked, allow the flapjacks to cool in the tin slightly before slicing into squares.
Pop your flapjacks in an airtight container and you're totally set with some great study snacks for the week ahead and, just like all of my recipes, these tasty flapjacks are even better with a cuppa.
I hope you give these delicious apple & cinnamon flapjacks a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AvogelRecipes on Instagram so we can see it :)
As the old saying goes, an apple a day keeps the doctor away and with good reason! Packed with antioxidants and essential dietary fibre, eating apples can help to reduce your cholesterol, boost your immunity to bugs & viruses, and keep your digestive system healthy.
Ciara is an avid food and fitness blogger who loves to share fitness tips, cruelty-free lifestyle advice and an abundance of delicious and easy-to-make plant-based recipes on her blog Ciara's Corner. Since going vegan a few years ago, food has become her biggest passion in life.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!