Made from gluten-free oats, these lovely little muffins are so easy to make. The sweetness comes from the ripe bananas and dried cherries, whilst the dark chocolate centre adds a lovely texture and compliments the light spiciness of the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180o degrees / Gas Mark 4 and line a muffin tin with cases.
2. Pour the oats into a food processor and whizz up until they are finely ground, like flour.
3. In a large bowl, mash the bananas then add in the maple syrup, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, dried cherries & the ground oats. Mix together until combined.
4. Carefully fill your muffin cases with the mixture. To make them gooey and even more delicious, press a chunk of chocolate into the middle, and then cover with more mixture.
5. Place the tray into the oven and bake for 20-24 minutes until golden brown.
6. Once fully cooked, place the muffins onto a cooling rack to cool.
If you give these banana bread muffins with dark chocolate a try, please let us know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, share it! Take a picture of it and tag it #AvogelRecipes on Pinterest we'd love to see it.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!