Made from gluten-free oats, these lovely little muffins are so easy to make. The sweetness comes from the ripe bananas and dried cherries, whilst the dark chocolate centre adds a lovely texture and compliments the light spiciness of the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180o degrees / Gas Mark 4 and line a muffin tin with cases.
2. Pour the oats into a food processor and whizz up until they are finely ground, like flour.
3. In a large bowl, mash the bananas then add in the maple syrup, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, dried cherries & the ground oats. Mix together until combined.
4. Carefully fill your muffin cases with the mixture. To make them gooey and even more delicious, press a chunk of chocolate into the middle, and then cover with more mixture.
5. Place the tray into the oven and bake for 20-24 minutes until golden brown.
6. Once fully cooked, place the muffins onto a cooling rack to cool.
If you give these banana bread muffins with dark chocolate a try, please let us know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, share it! Take a picture of it and tag it #AvogelRecipes on Pinterest we'd love to see it.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!