Is there a better snack than a muffin? I think not, especially when we’re talking fluffy, banana nut muffins filled with pecans, walnuts and caramel-y dates. Ideal for snacking on when you’re craving a sweet, guilt-free treat and perfect for pairing with a cuppa.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. Start by preheating your oven to 180oC and lining a muffin tin with muffin cases.
2. Then, add your flours, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and nutmeg to a bowl and stir to combine.
3. Next, mash your bananas and add to your dry ingredients along with your almond milk and stir until you've got a well combined, thick batter.
4. To your batter, add your peanut butter and flax eggs and stir well.
5. Roughly chop your walnuts, pecans and dates then add to the mixture and stir to distribute well throughout the batter.
6. Now they're ready for the tins! Spoon around two and a half tablespoons of mixture into each muffin case and you should come out with nine large muffins.
7. Sprinkle each muffin with some finely chopped walnuts and place in the oven to bake for around 20 minutes.
After baking, allow the muffins to cool slightly while you pop the kettle on and make a cuppa and then you're ready to dig in to your sweet, fluffy and delicious banana nut muffins.
I hope you give these Banana Nut Muffins a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AvogelRecipes on Instagram so we can see it :)
Ciara is an avid food and fitness blogger who loves to share fitness tips, cruelty-free lifestyle advice and an abundance of delicious and easy-to-make plant-based recipes on her blog Ciara's Corner. Since going vegan a few years ago, food has become her biggest passion in life.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!