Who doesn’t like blueberry muffins? I mean really, to me they are the king of all muffin flavours. Perfectly simple, this is the gluten free and dairy free blueberry muffins recipe I use to make my muffins at home. Of course, these muffins make a nice breakfast too and aren’t too sweet. But I’m hooked on smoothies for breakfast these days so that’s always how I start my morning.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/ 356°F
2. Line a medium sized muffin tin with about 8 paper muffin cases.
3. In a small bowl, combine the rice flour, baking powder and xanthan gum.
4. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer, whisk the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. Then slowly whisk in the melted coconut oil, followed by the almond milk.
5. Still using the electric mixer, slowly mix in the flour mixture to the wet mixture until the flour is all mixed in and there are no lumps.
6. Stir in the blueberries and lemon zest.
7. Spoon in the batter to the muffin cases until each case is about ¾ full.
8. Bake for about 30 minutes. I check they are ready by putting a toothpick in the middle and seeing if it comes out clean.
I hope you give these gluten & dairy free blueberry muffins a try! If you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Instagram so we can see :)
Nicole is a London-based food and lifestyle blogger. On her blog Live Naturally N, she loves to share her experiences on using green beauty products and tips on how to live a healthy and happy life, including tasty and easy-to-make recipes . Being lactose intolerant, her recipes are all dairy-free. She is also experimenting with cutting out gluten from her diet.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!