Bursting with flavour & texture, these rich and divine cherry and nut brownies are fluffy and light, whilst being wholesome & filling. Easy to make, they are also dairy-free, wheat-free, gluten-free, egg-free and yeast-free.
What I love most about this recipe is that it can be adapted to your own liking, by adding in more cocoa for a richer flavour, or more nuts & dried fruits for moisture & texture!
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees, gas mark 4.
2. Line a baking tin with grease proof paper (to prevent the brownies sticking to the pan, we don't want that).
3. Place the chocolate into a glass bowl and place on-top of a saucepan with water filled 2/4 of the way up making a ban marie. Gently simmer until the chocolate has completely melted & is gooey!
4. Sieve the cocoa powder & flour into a large mixing bowl & stir in the salt & sugar. Mix until fully combined, then add 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence & mix in.
5. Pour into the mixing bowl, the liquids - the melted gooey chocolate, oil & dairy-free milk. Mix until fully combined & looking heavenly.
6. When the mix is fully combined & smells delicious; throw in the cherries, walnuts, hazelnuts... You could even use crushed pecans or any nuts you like.
7. Spoon the delightful mixture into the lined tin, making sure you get into the edges.
8. Pop the tin into the middle of the hot oven for 20-25 minutes. The brownies should be firm & crumbly on the outside, & moist in the middle - doesn't it sound perfect!
To make sure the brownies are cooked, place a sharp knife or skewer into the centre until it comes out clean. If they are not fully cooked, pop them in the oven for an extra few minutes.
9. With oven mittens/gloves, take out the tin & place on a wire rack & leave to cool for around 10 minutes.
10. Cut the brownie into little squares & serve with a light dusting of icing sugar, toasted almonds for crunch and fresh red currents.
You can serve it warm & sticky with some dairy-free vanilla ice-cream to make it even more indulgent!
I hope you give these delicious brownies a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Tart, yet sweet, dried cherries are great for snacking and adding to baking. They also provide some essential vitamins and minerals which have many health benefits, including vitamin C, which supports your immune system and vitamin A which protects your eyes and nourishes your skin.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!