Simple to make, tasty and packed with energy-boosting nutrients, these little bites were my go-to-snack when studying. Perfect for when you are feeling sluggish or lethargic, they provide an immediate burst of energy, as well as a stable supply of long-lasting energy. Plus, they are dairy, gluten and guilt free!
1. Simmer dates in a saucepan with water on a low heat for 5 minutes.
2. Whizz all other ingredients, in a food processor for a couple of seconds, until they've almost formed a flour-like consistency.
3. Drain and add dates to the food processor - making sure no water from the saucepan goes in.
4. Blend until a sticky paste is formed.
5. Using a tablespoon, scoop out the mixture, and roll into balls with your hands.
6. Store refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
I hope you give these delicious cinnamon & chia seed energy balls a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Rich in natural sugars, dates provide an immediate burst of energy, whilst chia seeds are not only superfoods, they are super fuel foods too! They provide a stable supply of long last energy thanks to their high protein, good fats and fibre content. Chia seeds are also packed with calcium, Omega 3s and antioxidants – no wonder they are so super!
Lucie Weir is a nutrition student and food blogger who loves healthy foods. She is passionate about helping others realise the joy of healthy eating through easy, delicious, budget-friendly, healthy recipes. Follow her nutritional journey on her blog – Juicy Lucie Foods or follow her on Instagram.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!