This refreshing summer salad is prepared using fresh nectarines, wild rocket, earthy quinoa and toasted almonds to provide plenty of crunch and flavour. It’s ideal for serving as a light lunch or, alternatively, you can leave out the quinoa to create a tasty side-dish.
1. If toasting the chopped almonds- line a baking tray with baking paper and preheat the oven 180°C/356°F. Place the chopped almonds on the baking tray and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until the insides of the chopped almonds are a nice golden brown. This may be a bit quicker if the chopped almonds are very small pieces).
2. Cook the quinoa as directed by the brand. When the quinoa is done, remove from the heat.
3. While the quinoa is cooking, in a grill pan (or frying pan), melt the coconut oil on low/medium heat. Grill the asparagus, and when halfway done add the nectarines, turning the asparagus and the nectarines over a few times, especially to get the nice grill marks on the nectarines. The asparagus should be nicely grilled and tender, and the nectarines should be soft.
4. In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, rocket, asparagus, nectarines, basil and chopped almonds.
5. In a small bowl or cup, whisk up the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and pour over the salad and combine.
I hope you give this grilled nectarine and asparagus salad a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Instagram so we can see :)
With its high fibre and water content, asparagus is a good food for improving digestive support, helping to maintain a healthy digestive tract and prevent constipation.
Nicole is a London-based food and lifestyle blogger. On her blog Live Naturally N, she loves to share her experiences on using green beauty products and tips on how to live a healthy and happy life, including tasty and easy-to-make recipes . Being lactose intolerant, her recipes are all dairy-free. She is also experimenting with cutting out gluten from her diet.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!