Blueberries in pancakes are just delicious, as they burst when cooking and give the pancakes a juicy and delightful taste. Quick and easy to make, these yummy pancakes are dairy-free, gluten-free and packed with goodness, including vitamin C & vitamin K.
1. To make the compote: Place the blueberries, water and lemon juice into a small sauce pan and heat on low. Cover with a lid.
2. After a few minutes mash the blueberries and allow to cook for around 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Place to one side once the blueberries have reduced to around 1/2.
3. To make the pancakes: Pre-heat a wok with a little oil and heat.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and coconut sugar.
5. Add in the oil, dairy-free milk and blueberries, mix until smooth.
6. Using a ladle, carefully pour a small amount of the pancake mixture into the centre of the hot pan. Leave for a around a minute then, when the edges of the pancake lift, flip. Continue to cook each side until golden brown. This will take around 3-5 minutes on each side.
7. Repeat for the entire mixture until you have a tower of delicious pancakes. I served my pancakes with some soya yoghurt, fresh blueberries and the homemade blueberry compote.
I hope you give these delicious easy-to-make blueberry pancakes a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!