Whether you pronounce them as Scones or 'Scon's, I'm sure these will not disappoint! Scones are typically served with Jam & Cream with a Cuppa' Tea. I like to enjoy mine with Coconut Whipped Cream, homemade Strawberry Jam and a nice Iced Latte.....bliss!
Deliciously rich and creamy, this lovely coconut whipped cream is the perfect substitute for those looking for a dairy-free, vegan-friendly topping for cakes and treats.
Very quick and easy to make, this Homemade Strawberry Jam is gluten-free and contains no artificial sugar or sweeteners.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 190°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, dried fruit & butter and rub together with your hands until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Sprinkle in the sugar and milk, continuing to mix with your hands. Once the milk is poured in, the mixture should form a sticky dough.
4. Transfer the dough from the bowl onto a clean, floured surface.
5. Knead the dough in the floured surface and begin to roll out with a rolling pin until around an inch thick.
6. Use a cookie cutter to cut out your scones and place them onto your prepared, lined baking tray.
7. Lightly glaze the top of the scones with some soya milk and place the tray into the oven on the middle rack. Bake for 12 minutes! DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN.
Ta-da! Doesn't that look good, eh? If you've given this recipe a try, please let us know! Leave a comment below, rate it above, share it! Take a picture of it and tag it #AvogelRecipes on Pinterest we'd love to see it.
With their high levels of antioxidants, blueberries and strawberries are immune boosting superfoods which can help fight off infections such as colds & flu. The dietary fibre in both of these delicious fruits can also support the digestive system and help regular bowel movements.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!