Garlic and chilli are two of my favourite flavours and they compliment this flatbread so well. Dairy-free and gluten-free, this flatbread is quick and easy to make and only takes a few seconds to cook, then it’s ready to serve with soups, salads, curries or even some tasty dips.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. Place the flour, water, milk, baking powder, oil, salt, chilli and garlic powder into a food processor and whizz up on high until a ball forms. The dough will start to form after a few minutes.
2. Lightly dust over your clean work surface with some flour and divide the dough into 8 sections. (Cut the ball of dough in half, and keep halving until you have 8 balls).
3. Roll out the dough balls until fairly thin and around 8 inches in diameter.They don't have to look perfect, it makes them look more rustic if they are not!
4. Heat up a frying pan and place one of the thin flatbread in the pan and cook for 1-3 minutes. When the flatbread begins to bubble & brown, flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until 'stone baked'.
5. Place the cooked flatbread onto a wooden board and cover over with a tea towel whilst you make & cook the other 7 flatbread balls.
6. Serve while warm or leave to cool and keep in a container in the fridge. Best eaten within a day for it to be fresh. Can be warmed in the oven slightly before eating.
I hope you give this delicious garlic and chilli flatbreads a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
For flavour and health benefits, garlic and chilli are a powerful twosome! They not only add an abundance of flavour to many dishes, they also have an impressive list of health promoting properties including heart health and immune boosting benefits.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!