I am a huge fan of oats and have recently been addicted to oatcakes, especially with onion houmous or fresh guacamole. These gluten-free Scottish oatcakes are ultra-crumbly, tasty and light – perfect with your favourite dip, for lunch with soup, or just to nibble on by themselves. They are quick & easy to make and taste scrumptious!
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add in the oats, ground oats, oil, water and salt and combine until a dough-like texture forms. If it's too crumbly, add more water. Set aside for 15 minutes to allow the oats to absorb the water.
3. Dust a clean worktop with flour and roll out the dough until around 3mm thick.
4. Using a round cookie cutter, cut out the oatcakes and place them onto the lined baking tray.
5. Once all of the oatcakes are ready, pop them into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden in colour.
6. Serve and enjoy on their own or with anything you like, I love to spread on some hummus & rocket leaves...yum! Store in a sealed container at room temperature.
I hope you give these delicious oatcakes a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Oats are among the world’s healthiest grains. They are renowned for being an excellent source of slow release energy, stabilising blood sugar and helping to keep you feeling fuller for longer. Packed with goodness, they have been linked to numerous health benefits including helping to lower cholesterol, improve digestion and boost the immune function.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!