Warm and spicy, sweet and chewy – this is an afternoon treat that will perk you up! Packed with coconut, seeds, dried apricots and oats, which are an excellent source of slow release energy, these delicious flapjacks are easy to make and perfect for vitalising your energy levels.
Buy these ingredients from our friends over at Jan de Vries. Experts when it comes to natural skincare and organic supplements, Jan de Vries offer a range of specialised high-quality food products, from gluten-free pasta to organic cacao powder.
As an alternative to agave syrup you can also use maple syrup or honey.
Pure oats are naturally gluten free. However, they are often contaminated with wheat. If you are sensitive to gluten it is best to check that the oats you are buying are certified as ‘pure’ or ‘gluten free’.
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC / 350oF / Gas 4.
2. Measure the porridge oats, coconut, seeds and cinnamon into a mixing bowl.
3. Place the chopped apricots in a small saucepan with the water and simmer gently, stirring until all the water has soaked up and the apricots are sticky.
4. Add the apricots to the dry ingredients.
5. Melt the coconut butter and agave syrup together in a small saucepan over a gentle heat. Add to the other ingredients and mix well.
6. Tip the mixture into a greased or lined swiss roll tin, pressing down firmly using the back of a metal spoon.
7. Bake for about 25-35 minutes until golden.
8. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
I hope you give these delicious cinnamonny apricot flapjacks a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Oats are among the world’s healthiest grains. They are renowned for being an excellent source of slow release energy, stabilising blood sugar and helping to keep you feeling fuller for longer. Packed with goodness, they have been linked to numerous health benefits including helping to lower cholesterol, improve digestion and boost the immune function.
Author of The Vital Nutrition Cookbook, good food has been a lifelong passion for Jane McClenaghan. As a Nutritional Therapist for over fifteen years, Jane has helped thousands of people make easy, manageable changes to their diets for the good of their health.
Passionate about the powerful effects that eating good quality, fresh, local food has on our mind, body and soul, Jane’s recipes are designed to be quick and easy so you can rustle up something nutritious at any time of the day.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!