I love using pumpkin spice in my baking. It’s blood-sugar balancing, soothing on the digestive system and a great natural sweetener. These bars are packed with good fats, antioxidants and protein to keep you glowing all morning! If you don’t have pumpkin spice you can use a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
1. Place the dates, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, oats, flaxseeds, almond butter, sesame seeds, sultanas, coconut oil, pumpkin spice and two tablespoons of the maple syrup into a food processor and pulse until well combined – the mixture should be firm but soft.
2. Grease and line a 20cm square baking tray and press the mixture in evenly with the back of a spoon.
3. To make the turmeric drizzle add turmeric, tahini and one tbsp of maple syrup to a bowl and stir until smooth and combined. Drizzle over mixture.
4. Cover and freeze for 30-40 mins or until firm.
5. Remove from the freezer and cut into eight bars.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
I hope you give these delicious healthy pumpkin spice breakfast bars a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Jessica Sepel is a qualified nutritionist, health blogger and best selling health author from Australia. She is fascinated by the health and wellness world and loves to make simple and nutritious recipes.
Her 8-week online plan ‘The JSHealth Program’ can help change your mind and body, by teaching you how to find a balanced approach to life, food and weight.
You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram for daily food inspiration and health mantras.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!