I love anything gingerbread! Gingerbread lattes, ginger sweets, I would eat them all year round but there is something about enjoying gingerbread in winter that makes it extra special. I think it’s to do with its warm, spicy flavour....it’s delicious! Truffles are one of my favourite treats to make as you can whip up a batch in under 10 minutes, which means no long wait to get stuck in! Always a bonus!
1. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. In a food processor, add in the ginger cookies and cream cheese. Whiz up until combined.
3. Mould the mixture into bite-sized balls and place onto the lined tray. Repeat for the remaining mixture.
4. Place the gingerbread truffles into the freezer to set. This will take around 20-30 minutes.
You can either melt a chocolate bar, or you can make your own yummy chocolate like I did!
1. In a small sauce pan over low heat, add in the coconut oil, maple syrup and cocoa powder. Keep stiring until fully melted.
2. Once the chocolate has melted, remove the truffles from the freezer.
3. Dunk each truffle into the chocolate and place back onto the tray. Repeat for each truffle then return them back into the freezer to allow the chocolate to set.
You can even drizzle some dairy-free white chocolate on top for the classic truffle effect! I used Choices buttons, which i melted along with some coconut oil which makes the chocolate more versitle!
Keep stored in the fridge and enjoy!
I hope you give these delicious Quick & Easy Gingerbread Truffles a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!