I really love the taste of strawberry and almond together, so I decided to make this lovely sweet treat which is vegan-friendly and gluten-free! These slices are super easy to bake and make a yummy snack or a delicious dessert with a splodge of coconut cream or some custard.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 1800 degrees and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
2. Put the oats, salt, ground almonds and flour into a large mixing bowl.
3. Melt the soya margarine and maple syrup together in a small saucepan on the hob, then pour into the dry mixture and mix together until combined, then stir in the almond extract!
4. Spoon half of the mixture and firmly press into your lined baking tray. Make sure to get right into the edges and push down as hard as you can.
5. Spread all the jam over the oat layer.
6. Place the other half of the oat mixture on top of the jam and level with a cold spoon (or your hands) and firmly press. Sprinkle over some flaked almonds for added flavour & texture.
7. Pop the tray into the middle of the pre-heated oven and leave to bake for 20 minutes. Then, turn the tray around and bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
8. When golden brown, remove tray from the oven and place onto a cooling rack. I like to cut it up while its still warm then leave it to cool before serving.
I hope you give these delicious strawberry & almond slices a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Not just a yummy snack on their own, almonds can be made into milk, butter and oil. Ground almonds also make a good gluten-free alternative to wheat flour in many recipes. Low in saturated fatty acids and rich in unsaturated fatty acids, almonds are also packed with antioxidants, dietary fibre and many other essential nutrients which contribute towards good heart health, digestive health, as well as healthy skin.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Watch the video
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!