This vegan and gluten-free quiche is not only packed full of delicious flavour but is full of natural fats, proteins and vitamins. Sun-dried tomato and basil go together like a dream, and when paired with creamy tofu, hemp and a crumbly pie crust, it makes a divine quiche. Serve with homemade chips or fresh salad – perfect for parties and summer lunches!
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, salt and baking powder and stir until combined.
3. Add the oil into the dry ingredients, and rub together with your fingers until like breadcrumbs. This will take around 3-5 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, combine dairy-free milk and lemon juice, then add to the crust mixture, along with the hemp seeds.
Mix until a dough forms. You may need to add in more oil or milk.
5. Once a ball of smooth dough is formed, wrap it in clingfilm and pop into the fridge for 10 minutes.
6. Once the dough has firmed up remove from the fridge and allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
7. Flour a clean work surface and rolling pin, then begin to roll out your dough to the size of your pie dish.
8. Spread a thin layer of vegan margarine or butter around the pie dish. This prevents the crust from sticking.
9. Wrap the crust around the rolling pin and carefully transfer the crust into the dish and trim off any excess dough.
It can be very crumbly so if it breaks apart, just press it together.
10. Prick the base and pop into the oven to part-cook for 8-10 minutes. Then set aside.
1. Place the tomato slices on a baking tray and brush the tomatoes with oil and a sprinkle of salt. Bake for 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
2.In a large frying pan, add in the oil and heat.
3. Add in the onion and garlic and shallow fry until golden and place aside.
4. Drain moisture from the tofu and crumble into a food processor. Then add the lemon juice, salt, yeast powder, dairy-free milk, tahini and sundried tomatoes.
Whizz up until smooth.
5. Place into a large bowl and stir in the onions and garlic until combined.
6. Pour the filling onto the part-cooked base and garnish with some sliced tomatoes, basil and a sprinkling of Good Hemp seeds.
7. Pop into the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes.
Check after 30 minutes to make sure it's not burning. If it does start to burn, add foil on top.
8. Once fully cooked, serve with fresh basil and a sprinkling of Good Hemp seeds (for added protein)
Best enjoyed fresh or within 2 days.
I hope you give this delicious quiche a try! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Tofu is well-known for its high protein levels, making it an excellent dietary option for vegetarians and vegans. Hemp is a fantastic superfood that’s packed full of protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals – in particular magnesium, zinc, phosphorus and vitamin E.
Hello I am Holly Jade & I am the owner of The Little Blog of Vegan. I post yummy recipes, advice & beauty tips daily. Everything I talk about is vegan & cruelty-free. I love to be as healthy as possible, but I do love to make the odd sweet treat recipe. I also love to post my own adorable & pastel daily photos on Instagram, why not check it out & come on the journey with me :)
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
Discover the story of Alfred Vogel
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!